NOAM - Creating an exciting future for Masorti youth
NOAM is the name most often used for the youth movement of the Masorti movement.
NOAM activties for young people ahed 8 to 18 exist in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, France, Israel, UK, Ukraine and in North America where it is known as USY (United Synagogue Youth).
NOAM members join together weekly at their local chapters for activities centered around Jewish values, Masorti Judaism, holidays, scouting skills, leadership training and having fun.
NOAM participants also take part in regional and national Shabbat retreats, winter and summer camps, and Israel trips.
NOAM educates its members in Masorti Judaism, Zionism, religious pluralism, democracy and a strong sense of tolerance.
An important component of the ideology and values of NOAM is Tikun Olam. NOAM members actively work to improve society through a variety of volunteer projects and community service and fund raising to contribute to causes that better our world.
About NOAM Olami
Although different Masorti youth educational activities around the world take on different formats and names, their common purpose is to develop Jewish identity and knowledge among Masorti/Conservative youth.
A world-wide network of Masorti/Conservative youth organizations under the banner of NOAM (Noar Masorti - Masorti youth) Olami is being built to :
• Serve as a unifying force for the different Masorti/Conservative youth organizations around the world.
• Create significant personal bonds between youth leaders from the various regions and continents that Masorti/Conservative youth organizations work in, providing the opportunity to create partnerships of support, and exchange of experiences and ideas.
• Develop shared educational resources focusing on Jewish knowledge, Jewish identity, Israel awareness and Tikkun Olam.
• Create specific partnership opportunities for running parallel educational and social action programming.
• Create joint programming opportunities in Israel for participants of short-term and long-term programs.
• Develop exchange opportunities for youth leaders to travel to different countries and take part in educational programming, giving them the opportunity to share ideas and values.
• Implement bi-annual international meetings during which representatives from the different Masorti/Conservative youth organizations learn about each others organizations, share ideas, and come together to shape the priorities, vision and future of the NOAM Olami network
• To empower and develop young leadership of the Masorti/Conservative movement throughout the world.